Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The name is Nolan Dehner and I do not own a hot rod. I drive AMC Pacer's which cannot be considered a rod !! But...my brother who doesn't own a computer is building a 49 Hudson Coupe with a hemi and doing a ground up restoration with custom work. He lives in Olympia, WA where I live in Windsor, CA just north of San Francisco.

·
Administrator
18,400 Posts
welcome...Party on, Garth......................Sorry, wrong Pacer............ :D

Actually, I think Pacers are pretty cool cars....ahead of their time in my opinion.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Nolan1 said:
The name is Nolan Dehner and I do not own a hot rod. I drive AMC Pacer's which cannot be considered a rod !! But...my brother who doesn't own a computer is building a 49 Hudson Coupe with a hemi and doing a ground up restoration with custom work. He lives in Olympia, WA where I live in Windsor, CA just north of San Francisco.
Welcome Nolan1

Those Pacers are getting as rare as hens teeth! I like them because no one else does!

Do you make it up to your brothers place very often? I live in Kirkland,WA - but am moving to Port Orchard, WA. which is fairly close to the Olympia area (less than an hour)

It would be great to get ahold of your brother and compare notes on our 49 Hudsons!

If you get a chance, tell your brother about my car and check out my webpage Rambos Ride 49 Custom Commodore

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hudson

Thanks for the reply. I noted on your web site, incidently thats a damn nice site, that you are not doing such things as frenching the headlights on your Hudson, but my brother is and is looking for help on that project. Seems the Hudson headlight rings are pot metal and won't weld and he needs to find out what rings will work. The only french light kit we've found is the Hagen at Yearwood Speed and Custom but that kit, I'm told, won't fit. I believe that my brother, Gene, would enjoy discussing Hudsons as his journey seems to marry yours other than he is customizing certain items. He has redone the entire frame, front clip in his multi-year journey !!
If you would provide me with a phone number, and name I'll give it to Gene so he can reach you.

nolan dehner
[email protected]
707 836 7808
Nor Cal Amcs
Santa Rosa/Windsor, CA

·
Registered
734 Posts
Nolan1 said:
Thanks for the reply. I noted on your web site, incidently thats a damn nice site, that you are not doing such things as frenching the headlights on your Hudson, but my brother is and is looking for help on that project. Seems the Hudson headlight rings are pot metal and won't weld and he needs to find out what rings will work. The only french light kit we've found is the Hagen at Yearwood Speed and Custom but that kit, I'm told, won't fit. I believe that my brother, Gene, would enjoy discussing Hudsons as his journey seems to marry yours other than he is customizing certain items. He has redone the entire frame, front clip in his multi-year journey !!
If you would provide me with a phone number, and name I'll give it to Gene so he can reach you.

nolan dehner
[email protected]
707 836 7808
Nor Cal Amcs
Santa Rosa/Windsor, CA
Thanks for the compliments on the web site. I sent you an email with my contact information.

This is my first Hudson and I decided to do the mods more subtly on the outside for this project.

I am doing some outlandish things though...

• 454/TH400 within the original subframe, suspension and steering, narrowed 8.8 rear axle.
  • Rotating Heads Up Display and full digital gauges.
  • No Rear View Mirrors - All Night Vision cameras with in-dash LCD displays.
  • Along with AC, power windows, and other goodies...

I do have plans for some more radical builds in the future - but I can only do 1 at a time :pain:

BTW The headlight trim ring is pot metal, the headlight bucket is actually aluminum in these cars.

The picture below is one of my favorite custom Hudsons with a couple of links to look at and maybe get some information on what they did either by picture or email.

Pauls Custom

Egberts 48 Custom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts