Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am looking forward in being a member of Hotrodders. I was much into racing back in the 60's -70's . The last car was a 70 SS 454 -450hp best time 12.3 (stock) , need I say more.

Thanks Ben:

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
We need to see pictures...need I say more? Say what you will but the proof is in the pictures!!! Do not play with the trolls!!!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Administrator
18,433 Posts
welcome Ben...I also had a LS6 Chevelle, 400 turbo/4.10 gears, but the best I could get out of it was a 13.5....

What was done to yours, better tires, suspension set uo?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Poncho
Yes ,it was set-up to the limit , Muncie , 4:56 gears , 10 x 28 slicks and hooker headers.. Also ,Tazz looking to see photos .... FYI !......at the time few were taken. I do still have a cellar full of trophies and time-slips from new england drag-way . I may have some old Polaroids.

Thanks Ben

·
Administrator
18,433 Posts
We had a local racing team in our area called "Entec" that used to race these cars. Turned constant 11s with them. I remember one that was a ragtop and you could see the top flex when he lauched it, pulling one front tire off the ground a bit.. They wern't quite stock anymore though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Poncho
Yes , things have changed from the 70"s for sure .......... I was at the nationals in English town , New Jersey this year" WOW" I took many photos , 600+ . I will be Editing them down into a slideshow and posting them with in a month or two ,would love to share with every one here .

Thanks Ben

1 - 7 of 7 Posts