Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50s & 60s sedans, trucks & Harleys
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I’ve been messing around with old style hot rod sedans, trucks, & Harleys for at least 65 years, since age 14, and am finally slowing down a bit…
Just checking in here for the first time, will post something from time to time…
“TooLoose” Willy

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hey Wille, what are you working on at the moment? Seems to me the last time I spoke to you, you were working on your pro-street truck. If all goes well, we'll be down there in March, we missed last year for the first time in 41 years. Damn Covid.....lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Wille, what are you working on at the moment? Seems to me the last time I spoke to you, you were working on your pro-street truck. If all goes well, we'll be down there in March, we missed last year for the first time in 41 years. Damn Covid.....lol.
Hah, got up this morning, looked at the list, and tossed some dice, which one to work on today ??
Today's order of importance {it changes day to day...}....
1. '55 4x4 pickup: check the timing, try to find out what that "clacking" sound is when I accelerate....
and get the licensing updated so I can drive it again....
2. '58 pro street pickup: Get the brakes rebuilt, finally got all the parts, for my vacuum operated remote mounted booster...
a question though on whether I should add a vacuum accumulation tank, never had one for the last 25 years, but I'm told it would be an improvement....
3. '55 4dr rat rod blown gasser: Pull the tranny, find out where the shifter broke off inside and repair it....
4. '70 Buick GS455: Put the rebuilt suspension (a-arms, dropped spindles, disk brakes, new bushings) back together....
5. '62 HD Panhead Chopper, find the oil leak, probably the gear box, fix it and put it back on the road....
6. Continue reorganizing my shop, tossing out junk (or give it away to unsuspecting victims....)
7. Finish building the blown HD drag racer. We might even actually have a racing season next year at our local track, been shut down for 3 years now, first for repaving and rebuilding the barricades, then the pandemic hit....
8. Be available to help out my buddies whenever they call, as they help me a lot too....
9. And the list goes on, particularly the "Honey-Do" list.... (Been married 49 years to the same lady ! )
-Willy

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yep, doesn't sound like you're going to be running short of projects for a while yet. I'm currently doing my '67 Camaro that I've owned since new, doing a full resto mod on it, but it will take me a couple years or more as I do everything except sheet metal and upholstery myself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, doesn't sound like you're going to be running short of projects for a while yet. I'm currently doing my '67 Camaro that I've owned since new, doing a full resto mod on it, but it will take me a couple years or more as I do everything except sheet metal and upholstery myself.
When I got out of the Army in 1967, I bought a new El Camino, 327, 4 sp, posi, I loved that car, brought it to Hawaii with me when I was hired by a local sugar company to work as an engineer for them. The best job I could have ever found !!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.