Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one out there have any advice on the suspension, brakes and steering for a 1936 dodge bussiness coupe? Swapped out motor, trans, drive shaft, rear end/ axle, everything else is original. Can the original be tightened up, and or adjusted to be kind of safer? Or should I swap out the front end with something new? Any ideas would help. Thanks

·
True Hotrodder
1,725 Posts
I think it comes down to what kind of driver it's going to be. Sat/Sun outings with it I would be restoring the original items (if possible). A daily driver I think would need some better upgrades.

Those are nice looking cars too.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
If you are going to change the drivetrain I highly recommend suspension to match. An independent front end with disc brakes, booster and power steering. Back would need a rear end to handle the new HP and suspension of your choice (parallel leafs, 4 bar, coilovers, air bags...etc.). Frame should be beefed up too. Can't build a house on shifting sands.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Front suspension, certainly brakes, needs to follow the rest of the drive train. Give these guys a look, good stuff, great tech support if their excellent instructions give an issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts