Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to pick up a '51 chevy truck cab (or so i am told) i dont know anything about ID'ing these old cabs. I am going to slowly begin a rat rod project and build the car from the ground up. I have never done anything like this but i love fabricating and i work as a mechanic. I am getting a steal on the cab. here are some pictures. I hope someone can confirm or correct me on the year.

·
jamie
15 Posts
I have a 50 and to tell you the truth, with all the mods done to your cab, you could call it anything from a 47 to a 52 and nobody would know better. There are only minor difference between the cabs anyhow. Some are the cal vent on the righ side, left side, and top, side vent windows hood emblems, etc. If you really want to know what you have, I'll look them up in a book I have in the shop, just let me know and I'll spell out the details for you. Is the VIN plate still attached to the drivers's door jam? That's an easy way to tell.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there is no vin plate which isnt a good sign but its ok. and no, the doors havent been chopped yet but it shouldnt be too big of a deal. i have plans of using a john deere 4 cyl motor if i can figure out how to adapt it to an automotive transmission.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.