Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Race it, Don't rice it!
8,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This showed up today sometime before I got home. It belongs to my brother and he’s had it a while. Its a ‘66 C10 with a broken 327, Auto Trans, power steering, power brakes and factory air. Seems kinda rare to have all those options.
It’s been tinkered with and the last I knew it ran but something happened and it doesn’t anymore. It’s looks to be a new carburetor and in the front seat a box with coil springs, some new sheet metal with a sticker on it and and FItech kit with harnesses. Who knows if it’s complete or what. This thing is older than me and I don’t even know what I’m looking at to be honest.
He works a ton and lives two hours from me so till he answers his phone Im thinking this project is now my headache.
Its sad pandas over here I’m telling ya.
It’s looks like a partly there basket case with complimentary busted trailer to boot. Yep, you read it right, the trailer tongue is broken so I’m not sure if I’m supposed to fix that too or if it’s supposed to go down the road a little further or what the deal is so I may have lots of stupid questions coming.

Attachments

·
Race it, Don't rice it!
8,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's confirmed, This thing is my project to complete into a driver worthy of a road trip. It needs things, a lot of things.....

Early 90's TBI with a aluminum intake and a 600 Holley/700R4 transmission to be exact.

·
Race it, Don't rice it!
8,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PM sent.....HA
I don't even know here to start here. It's a real mess. It has a bunch of wires under the hood, nothing is connected to anything else, a piece of Romex for a battery cable, bent, broken, 100 too many feet of brake lines.....The list goes on and on.
Why does it have 2 sets of springs in the back plus some kind of half spring thing going on? You know what, I'm, going to have to start completely over. I can't make heads or tails out of any of it.
1st Step, a gallon of gas and a match.....

·
Race it, Don't rice it!
8,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yesterday I got annoyed and my OCD kicked it so I grabbed fist fulls of wires and pull them all out and into a trash can. Now, I can start over.
On that note, I also broke 3 bolts getting the rear coil over spring out. Fire, sprays, impacts, prybars, beer and yelling and a chicken yet they still broke.
I have no idea how you guys do this everyday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts