Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded a TH2004R, 8.5" 10 bolt posi rear, and a Stock D5 Regal Grand National converter for this little jewel. The pine straw and rust was thrown in for free.

Now I have to drag it home and start cleaning. I'll sand/prime it, finish plumbing the brakes, wire the lights, get some good rubber under it and leave it until I finish the Nova. I think it'll make a neat ride once I figure out how to get in and out of it with injuring myself.

Larry

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hippie said:
Flashbacks of 1974 ! Don't suppose there are traces of "Gapp and Roush" or "Dyno Don Nicholson" under the primer on the doors ? :cool:
crazy larry said:
or maybe bob glidden?

cool car Larry. you might rank the moniker of crazy yourself.:thumbup:
I wish.

This car is a '75 and was built in the eighties by a roundy round racer for his son. The kid lost interest in it and sold it. It was a raced for a few years and the guy started a repaint that never got finished. It sat in the spot next to the trees for 8 years until yesterday. Here's a picture of what it looked like before the last owner got his hands on it. I hope I can make it look at least that good again.

Larry

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
I like it, cool project! Looks like a lot of expensive parts are already in it...

How about grafting that desoto hemi into it man?!

BTW, why did you give up the 200R? I thought you were looking forward to building that? Perhaps you had more than just the one-

K

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Kevin45 said:
SWEET!!!!!!:thumbup: :thumbup: Looks like Gremmie might have a little competition with a similiar size and style.

You hold your tounge Kevin! lol
I love anything that the engine is bigger than the car.:thumbup:
Did you get it for a nice price? HG

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ghetto Jet said:
Cool project Larry. You're not getting rid of the Nova are you?
As long as I still draw breath that Nova will be mine and my priority, as far as cars go.

RCastle said:
Granted is it not the wagon.But paint it Lime Green,put the skull and crossbones on it and name it "poison Pinto".Man if I still had my old original Hot Wheels.
I was thinking of painting it black if I get the body smooth enough and etching a skull and crossbones on the rear window. You been sneakin' around in my head?

killerformula said:
I like it, cool project! Looks like a lot of expensive parts are already in it...

How about grafting that desoto hemi into it man?!

BTW, why did you give up the 200R? I thought you were looking forward to building that? Perhaps you had more than just the one-

K
Yup it's chock full of goodies, not to mention the amount of fabrication that I could never afford to have done.

The Hemis valve covers are wider than the hood, mating the two crossed my mind more than once.

I had a 2004R from a Monte Carlo and a Buick GN. I kept the GN trans.

1Fast65Elky said:
heheheheh, that's a cool ride!
Go-Go gadget Pinto, Ohhh yea :thumbup: sweet find.
Ya know, Inspector Gadget was one of my favorite cartoons.

HemmiGremmie said:
I love anything that the engine is bigger than the car.:thumbup:
Did you get it for a nice price? HG
You bettuh know it bubba. I traded my junk for his junk even steven.

It might take a few years to finish it. I'd like to build a nice engine for it after I finish the Nova and figure out what I'm going to do with the Hemi. I was looking for an old rod to horsetrade for my stuff when I found the Pinto, I couldn't pass it up.

Is this how everybody else ends up with a lifetimes worth of "projects"?

Larry

·
Registered
169 Posts
There's some potential there. Did you ever see the movie "Top Secret"? There's a scene in there that pays homage to the great Pinto. Gotta hand it to those Germans...they make great cars.

I know what you mean about a lifetime of projects. I haven't even started the Mustang yet and my brother is talking about building another insanly HP'ed s/t truck. I haven't started the Mustang because we're working on yet another one of his Jimmy's. When will it ever end....WHEN????

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
Nice ride! From the pics, it looks like you got a sweet deal. Love the way the wheelwells are done. :thumbup: Wheelie bars included? Dan

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.