Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello , thank you for letting me in to your forum . i have a 59 chevy fleetside that i blew up the original 6 cyl. that came in it . i have a 283 and a 327 sitting here trying to decide which one to use . i have never gone completely through an engine before ( and don't know if I should ) . i'm sure i'll learn quite a few things and will definitely have a lot of questions . hope ya'll have patience . thanks again for your kind reception . will be talking to you soon . ozarkass

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my first time

thanks! i'll get a picture shortly . i picked a sbc recently and was told it was a 327 . there is no intake or carb . everything from the heads to oil pan . the casting #'s on the heads are 3890462 and the bock #'s are 3892657 . whe i look up these #'s it says they could be a 302 , 327 or a 350 . how do i verify the correct engine without opening the motor . or , can i ? the engine seems to be in excellent condition . there is no lip on cylinder walls . it turns tight . what else do i need to do . i did have the heads reworked . hep me !

·
Lost in the 60's
15,292 Posts
Welcome to Hotrodders. Just ask your engine questions in the Engine forum...that way the guys with the answers will see it and you should get the answers that you are looking for. :welcome:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.