Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Retirement Plan!

If you had purchased $1000.00 of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now be worth $49.00.

With Enron, you would have $16.50 left of the original $1000.00.

With Worldcom, you would have less than $5.00 left.

But if you had purchased $1000.00 of beer one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the cans for the aluminum cycling price, you would have $214.00.
Based on the above, current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle.
It's called the 401-Keg Plan

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
401-keg plan

Cute Ghetto Jet...but I drink only from bottles...no deposit, no return. I do plan to continue to drink well into my retirement age!!!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
speak for yourself man, its 10 cents a bottle here in michigan. You wouldn't believe the amount of hobos in the bottle return at the store!

K

·
Shop Owner And Troll Hunter
2,643 Posts
You should buy Walmart stock, in a few years you will be a millionaire.

Troy__________________
If you don't make mistakes. your not doing anything.

69 SS/RS full custom Camaro 98 ISCA Grand Champion
69 SS/RS BB Camaro wifes driver
66 Elcamino 350/all dz parts,ac,windows,loaded,my driver
69 SS Chevelle BB conv.fresh frame off
26 T sedan street rod

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
troy-curt said:
You should buy Walmart stock, in a few years you will be a millionaire.

Troy
If everyone would just listen to me and stop shopping there they would be forced to sell out and we could have small businesses again. Normal retailers would have a chance at moderate wealth with no need for retirement plan dependency.

I hate Wal-Mart.:boxing:

Larry

·
2,643 Posts
LOL, wallmart has made a lot more millionairs than any of the small businesses that had to close. There is no way the small businesses could employ all of wallmarts employees.

The same could be said about Microsoft. Bell telephone. Mcdonalds. Home depot. The farm syndicates. Etc...Etc...

Troy

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I realize the ability of Wally Worlds, Microsofts, and Home Depots stock to make people rich. The problem is that when, not if, the market crashes you will have nothing left. It's gone, poof, just like that.

If my painting business flopped tomorrow I'd still have $50-60K in vehicles and equipment left. That's better than nothing. That was sorta my point,I just wasn't very clear.

Even if a small business fell on it's face after 20 yrs of hard work, if had decent equity in some form, the owners wouldn't be left out in the cold. Property, land..... things that are tangible. Those are the best investments. Stock value simply disappears and takes your money with it.

Larry

·
2,643 Posts
Yep I know what your saying, stocks are always a gamble, and a lot of people have lost playing with them, and a lot have done good.

I have a lot of friends that work at wallmart HQ. just 7 miles from me. After seeing how good they did, I bought $00,000.00 worth after selling one of my camaros, 20 years ago. After the third split, I got that back. That has been several years ago. If the market crashes today, I am still waaaay ahead. I think that if wallmart starts loosing money, we will not be worried about money any longer, or anything else. But I see your point, tangible assets are hard to beat. That's the reason I've kept my businesses in the family.

Troy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts