Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all:
My name's Kurt, I'm (almost) 55, have a 55 F100 with 318 dodge small block, 340 cam, 360 heads, torsion bar suspension, front discs, 3:25 9bolt rear. It's my first rod & I'm relatively inexperienced at building/customizing, but am enjoying it as money allows. I've stripped it down to bare metal, epoxy-primed, hammered, replaced cabcorners, floor, painted, & added sanderson headers, replaced steering rag-joint w/vibration reducer, added wrap-around rear bumper w/ 59 caddy taillights. I need (want) to replace the thermoquad carb with weiand intake & 600cfm holley. I think I'll close for now, & browse this board--kurt

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
wow

I can't believe it's been since '04 since I entered the above. Obviously I've aged a bit (60 in April) Still have the same rig, only replaced my intake with Edelbrock Performer intake manifold & 625 Edelbrock carb. I wired the manual choke so I didn't have to put in a pull-out cable kit-just stomp on it once to operate. I discovered during this change that runner & manifold had been polished & port matched, so I did the same thing with the new intake man. Easy & a piece of cake. Got about 70K on the motor now, & still runs like a top just a little rumpity at startup with the cam. Added a cross-over pipe to the dual exhaust in front of the 904 tranny. Nice to be back here on an amazing informative forum. :) Much better performance with the new carb. I also got rid of the MSD ignition which crapped out on me before it was supposed to. Burns rubber pretty good. :mwink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts