Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP I have recently purchased a 1987 D150 it has a 318, it has ben setting for about 10 years. I sprayed some starting fluid in it and it roared to life, for a few seconds. Now im not getting any spark, can I change the distributor to a vacuum advance like on a sbc. I have seen and read about changing the intake and carb just like on a sbc, so can the distributor also be swapped?

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
HELP I have recently purchased a 1987 D150 it has a 318, it has ben setting for about 10 years. I sprayed some starting fluid in it and it roared to life, for a few seconds. Now im not getting any spark, can I change the distributor to a vacuum advance like on a sbc. I have seen and read about changing the intake and carb just like on a sbc, so can the distributor also be swapped?
Figure out what is wrong before blowing money on parts. Look for a ignition resister, usually on the firewall, usually white, check it for continuity and voltage. Check all ignition relayed items.
DIAGNOSE!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.