Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Jesus but everybody calls me Chuy. I'm 23 years old and new to the stuff underneath the hood of a car. But I love muscle cars Chevys, Fords, Dodges. I really know everything on the outside of these cars but when it comes to the engine and tranny stuff I dont know jack. But I'm trying to understand more about engines and trannys. So if there is anyone out there who can help me understand more about this it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I love Chevy's but also have respect for fords and mopars cause i have owned at least one of each and have had my good and bad luck with each. I have owned a 90 Ford Mustang 5.0, 97 Dodge Dakota, and still own a 97 Chevy 1500. The mustang is owned but my brother owns now and i might get it back. The Dakota i traded it in it had to many miles(still preformed good but????) 265943 miles to be exact.The Chevy truck broke down on me several months ago and in the process of rebuilding the engine the transmission already sent it in to get rebuilt. I got it back. But I had financial difficulties for a while so i am barely getting on my feet so soon i will get the engine rebuilt and soon the will be on the street again. I love 67-69 CAMAROs. I love 65-69 GTOs. Well i don't want to list every single car i like but those are a couple. But where do i ask questions on my truck? The thing is I rebuilt the transmission i got a gm 34 hd converter,a 4l60e super kit and bunch of little stuff that was replaced. Now i want to know the engine i can build that will work with this transmission. I am open to ideas. I really want it to be a powerfull truck i know it would be a sleeper because it is a extended cab truck and i will need more torque than horsepower for the truck to move. So.... Yeah, anyone ideas. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.