Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the TC in my 88 full size Blazer with a 700r4 with some mods and upgrades on internals. The engine is stock, 33" tires and I do some LIGHT towing. I am fed up :mad: with the quality control and cheap parts used in rebuilts (been through 3 in about 30K miles) The original TC had a DEF code which I beleive is 1600 stall with lockup and it lasted 215K before a total redo on the vehicle. I am looking for suggestions on a NEW TC that is reasonably priced that will last. I need to get this vehicle on the road due to losing my other car to hurricane Sandy. I am not running crazy horsepower through it and don't beat on the truck. Just looking for quality! Thanks in advance.

·
Revolution Calling
916 Posts
Always had good luck with Hughes products.. I bet they could set you up with a good TC. Even a lower stall if needed- towing type converter.

Some aftermarket brands used to offer TCs for these transmixers that did not have a clutch. You want the clutch. ;)

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I installed a TCI lockup in my Camaro, rushed the job and did´nt prefill the converter.
It trashed pretty quick.
I now have a B-M, it´s lasted quite a long time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.