Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...

Just joined the forum. If only I had known about this forum years ago... I always wanted to make a custom dash, but didn't really know how. One day I thought, "Hey, those hotrod guys probably know how to do that because they make those weird cars..." Sure enough, it looks like there is a lot of info here.

Unfortunately, the forum was sold to that company that bought up a bunch of forums. Not that I have anything against them, but they use this forum software that I don't really like and, more importantly, it looks like they broke a bunch of the info. A lot of the knowledge base stuff seems broken and there are threads that look like they would be really informative but are missing images or even entire posts!

Anyway, not looking to make a custom dash right now but I am thinking about getting an S10 and doing a V8 swap. I am pretty much a total beginner, though, so I am still researching.

The extent of my car modification experience is that I have changed oil before and replaced a cabin fan. I also spent like 30 minutes taking my windshield wiper motor off the car because one wiper wasn't working, and when I put it back on realized that all I really needed to do was tighten the bolt on the one wiper! In other words, not a car expert.

If anyone has any good links to places with good basic information, I would like to know. I am checking into some Youtube videos and reading some threads, but a lot of the posts here are pretty advanced.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Tracy Smith is a legend in Central Tx. He goes by Atomic Dog too.
One day in Temple around 1988 he broke at Little River, and let me take my brand new S10 with a 4.3 down the track in place of his car. That was my first pass ever, and I have been hooked ever since.

I didnt know much about high performance until about 5 years ago when I joined here. With the help of these guys here, I am learning like crazy still, and am about to have an 11 second car on the street very soon!
Pay attention, and you can learn alot!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tracy Smith is a legend in Central Tx. He goes by Atomic Dog too.
One day in Temple around 1988 he broke at Little River, and let me take my brand new S10 with a 4.3 down the track in place of his car. That was my first pass ever, and I have been hooked ever since.

I didnt know much about high performance until about 5 years ago when I joined here. With the help of these guys here, I am learning like crazy still, and am about to have an 11 second car on the street very soon!
Pay attention, and you can learn alot!!!
Don't know him. My college roommate just gave everyone nicknames which is how I started using it...

What kind of car are you building? You going to take it to the track too?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts