Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
SoloFabworks
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Found this place and looked great. Figured I would join.

Im a Buick fan just because I worked on a few cars and they are just really easy to work on.
I own a 1970 Skylark 4Dr sedan. Yeah i know.... WHY a 4 door but I like it because I get asked WHY all the time so I say WHY not.

But I still have fun with it. Best time was 12.8 at 102mph :mwink: Primer black with dents and rot.
The past few months I am finishing up an almost a full frame up rebuild. Pull it all apart, body off, boxed in frame NO MORE ROT!
In the spring I hope to take the 4 door to a super quiet, low 12 mark, tickle 11's.

I also get into the 4x4 bit with a 90 jeep Cherokee. cant drive the Buick in the snow.

Long island NY based person who has gotten busted too many time on the Ave and blvd so Sleeper is the way to go. :thumbup:

·
SoloFabworks
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice ride. I love working on a buick motor.

I have my web sight with a bunch of pics.

www.teamsolorobotics.com/car.htm

Its eventually coming along. Not really looking for restored, or show or any kind of quality OTHER than as said amongst some of my friends, "BETTER than PRIMER" look. was never about how the car looks as much as how it runs and that was not really much of a problem. But when I got into the car really hard taking it apart and in the search to clean out the rot. I realized that i will never get it show quality with the amount of work i had to do and patience i have had with it as well as money. But so far I am happy with how it is coming out and that is all I want.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.