Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just joined up. Im Jake, 19 years old from Ohio, im a bodyman by trade and a mopar guy to the bone. Dont own a hot rod but plan to build my first outta my current DD. Its an 88 Dodge Ramcharger with a tbi318, 2wd, auto, and 200k miles. Shes been the "family truckster" for the past 12 years and i adopted her when i turned 16. Not much to look at yet but i plan on changing that.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wretched ratchet said:
Welcome, Jake, good to see you young folks still interested in Hot Rodding - - - whatcha got planned for the 318??
Well since the 318 is tbi im very limited on engine mods. The ecm cant handle a cam swap of any significance. So ive been on the hunt for a 440/727 combo. Top it with a six-pak and rewire the entire truck including the mopar performance ignition set up.
As for the truck itself, like i said my style is very old school for my age. Flat black w/ pinstriping, steelies w/ dog dish caps, shaved trim/handles, air bag suspension, and for the kicker...I want to weld the rear windows shut to make it a 50's panel wagon.

·
one full turn after it squeeks
1,173 Posts
88_mopar said:
Well since the 318 is tbi im very limited on engine mods. The ecm cant handle a cam swap of any significance. So ive been on the hunt for a 440/727 combo. Top it with a six-pak and rewire the entire truck including the mopar performance ignition set up.
As for the truck itself, like i said my style is very old school for my age. Flat black w/ pinstriping, steelies w/ dog dish caps, shaved trim/handles, air bag suspension, and for the kicker...I want to weld the rear windows shut to make it a 50's panel wagon.
I almost typed in 440 Magnum in my first post - - - oughta be a good'un :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.