Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im a newbie and just found a 57 sedan deville all original black in color runs good drives good, perfect original paint and interior shows some petina but in very good shape as is whole car. this car has perfect body not even a chip in the paint, milage is 75,000. they are asking 5000 as is do i need to buy it? proboly so but how good of a deal is this and what do yall think it would bring if i resold after a nice detail and fix up? please help me on this i dont want to make any more mistakes in buying classics

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,464 Posts
Asking a question like this on a forum where people can't see the car, hear it run, open and close a door, inspect it for rust, this is in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM a way to "not make a mistake".

It's a great way to START getting educated but there is NO WAY anyone here could give you a quality answer as to which this car is worth $5000 or $50,000. Not a chip in the paint? Sounds too good to be true.

Brian

·
Faith - Respect - Trust
3,528 Posts
Asking a question like this on a forum where people can't see the car, hear it run, open and close a door, inspect it for rust, this is in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM a way to "not make a mistake".

It's a great way to START getting educated but there is NO WAY anyone here could give you a quality answer as to which this car is worth $5000 or $50,000. Not a chip in the paint? Sounds too good to be true.

Brian
I agree with Brian...it's impossible to either say good deal or not without seeing the car....Keep in mind, this car is 56 years old....how sure are you that it has original paint? Do you know how to check and where to look to be more sure that the paint is original? Have you driven the car or heard it run? Would it possible to post some pictures?

As Brian said "Sounds to good to be true." and usually if it does...it is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.