Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

My user name probably gives the game away, my name is Russ i live in the UK and i have got a 1960 Oldsmobile 88 4-door bubble top. I also run a 1937 Ford Model Y with a westbourne roadster body, Rover V8 (what you guys probably know as the 215 Buick all alloy engine), Borg Warner 65 auto, and Jag IRS.

Like most of you guys i guess, i have been mad on cars ever since i was a toddler and in my teens in the mid 70's got interested in the Custom scene which was all the rage in the UK at that time.

Like most young men at that age speed and acceleration was king, which led to me to doing engine swaps, head swaps, cam swaps, inlet and exhaust improvements etc until the day came when i bit the bullitt and had a go at putting something in the hole that was never meant to be there. Over here in the UK back then the engine of choice was normaly the Rover V8, plenty about and for peanuts.

In the late 80's early 90's i did a bit of Drag Racing (Street Classes) which i enjoyed very much but the recession and a divorce finally put an end to that, and i have never driven the track since. I know one trip down the 440 and i would be hooked again like a drug addict.

Nowadays i crew on a mates Nostalgia Slingshot as a way of staying involved without all the expenses, go to a few shows and take many pictures along the way, and i have just started my own little forum which i use mainly as a platform to post up my pics for anyone who is interested.

I will try and dig out a few pics of my rides and post them up a bit later.

Hope this is ok for an introduction. Time for me to have a look around your site.

Cheers.

Russ.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi UK RUSS 1960 OLDS, :welcome:I know you have an insane number of UK rodding pics these guys would love to see.:cool:
Hi Malc,

Thought no one was interested, you are the first reply and this thread is a week old.

Yep not sure how many pics but upwards of 35,000, trouble was finding a site where anything goes as opposed to specific criteria's, got around that now by doing my own forum so i can now post them all up without upsetting anyone. www.ukrusshotrodforum.proboards.com I guess i have posted up around 15,000 to 20,000 so far but it has taken me a lot longer than i thought.

Still i should be able to find a few Hot Rod pics to post up on here if anyone is interested.

Cheers.

Russ.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.