Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am not very good at these intro things, so I'll be quick about it. I found this awesome forum tonight while looking for information on painting a car that I am helping my daughter put together. She gets her license in August '05 and because she is a great kid (Honor Roll !!) that loves the hotrod scene, (musta got that from me!) I agreed to help her get it on the road. It's a modest start- A 1973 Volkswagen Type 3. I picked it up for $50 about 5 years ago and it has been sitting out back ever since. It's a very clean little car for our area- rust usually eats these cars pretty quick around here!!

I have some experience as I have restored a 1941 Ford GPW (WWII flat fender) and a 1975 Ford Bronco (Still working at it).

I would like to build a real rod one of these days, but I want to wait until I have a few more skills to do it. Bucket loads of cash would'nt hurt either!!

Corey

·
Premium Member
8,453 Posts
Glad to have you. Old VW is a great starting project. My first car was a '62 Nash Metropolitan I got for $15. Brakes never worked and I ran several red lights 'cause it just wouldn't stop. Oh well, I was 18 and immortal like all 18 year-olds! Found out many years later that standard brake fluid ate up the rubber in those English brakes like oil does to 'normal' brakes. Should have used Castrol fluid which is kinder to the rubber.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts