Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am 16 and I am a newbie to roddin. I am looking to build my first car. I have always been in love with cars or anything with a engine in general. I am looking to build a rat rod. The main rason I picked a rat rod or somethign that would be defined as a rat rod would 1 be looks or the raw uniqueness or them, 2 the budgeting ability as I am only sixteen, and 3 a great learning platform.
I would accept any advice that you guys have and I have read the majority of the jerrymopar thread about rat rods. I am wanting to get a 30 or 31 model a sedan, chopped and drop it onto a custom air ride chassis. Another thing is that I want it to be street legal. Other than that I am open to most anything. I am planning to do the entire car on a 1-2 grand budget. I don't plan on getting all the parts in 1 day nor do I even expect to get the entire thing completed in a year. I know it takes time to build something and I am not going to rush or cut corners to get it done. Well that's pretty much why I am here and appreciate the time.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Welcome to the site zacman_227. :welcome: Lots of info and opinions here. This will be a great place to research building your hot rod. To get the most out of the site check out the Knowledge Base and use the search function for quick answers to your questions. As well check out the Project Journals for info and inspiration. There are several members here who have their builds documented in their journals. It will take a long time to find them but when you do it will be worth while as there is a great amount of reference material in them. Glad to have you here and enjoy the site.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Doc here, :pimp:

:welcome: Welcome :welcome: To the forums! From your new friends at HR.Com Electrical Forum.. :D

Young Rodders are always welcome...Lots of Experience here..lots to learn..

Best Regards, :thumbup:

Doc :pimp:
Electrical Forum

·
Lost in the 60's
15,247 Posts
Welcome....We are glad to have you here at Hotrodders. Lots of opinions, advice, info, and even some good natured fun on this site so jump on in the waters fine! :welcome:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts