Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:welcome:

Just registered over here and thought I would say Howdy!
I am active on 67-72chevytrucks.com forum and was looking for other tech info on metal and paint work, that led me here.

I enjoy the metal work fabrication side of building cars/trucks and currently working on a '65 Chevy C-10 that I've had for 29 years and a '82 C-10 for any oldest son's first vehicle. He is doing a lot of the work and I am there to teach him and lend my skills when he is stuck....

·
Nostalgic Racing Decals
172 Posts
Welcome to the site.

You can really learn a great deal and that are many people willing to offer help with either your questions or tech advice.

Best Regards. Jimbo

·
Faith - Respect - Trust
3,528 Posts
Welcome aboard. I just finished a 74 Chev Shot box, 502 with a turbo...I'll send you a URL.

Any help you need, I be happy to give you whatever information I can...I'll try tonight but, it is getting late on the East Coast.

Ray

·
Faith - Respect - Trust
3,528 Posts
First off, I made a mistake in my last post, it was a 72 short box, not 74...my typo bad.

This truck was a frame off and I had to paint 1,308 parts sepratley in PPG's Tri-Color, Burn't Orange. The ground coat on this color is, believe it or not, blue with a transparent orange shot over top. The ghost flames also where different shades of blue air brushed with the same transparent orange over top. The under side is as shiny as the top. Put the hole truck back together, the customer went to the Lake George car show in New York and got one of the top fifty awards with over 3000 cars at the show. When he came back he said "I want a toneau cover and I want the flames on the cover to match the hood". You gotta love that. It worked our quite well. Even the engine and transmission are painted body color. I got lots of stories about this one

Here's the URL http://www.flickr.com/photos/wickedgarage/sets/72157629325924897/

Let me know what you think and if I can help...Let me know.

All the Best
Ray

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!

Thanks for the welcome to this forum.

widetrack - thats a good looking truck. I don't plan on anything that involved for the paint on mine, its just going to be a fun driver...

My son plans on his being nice and we are doing a full frame off on it. It is his first and its going to be his everyday driver.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.