Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found your site and it looks great!!
Hope to have many questions answered here and to help answer some myself.
I have a HotRod '50 Chevy 3/4 ton P.U. that I have been working on for a few years. It is close to completion, driving it to cruises has taken up most of the time I used to spend working on it.
What is unique about the truck is that my grandfather bought it new and used it in his farming operation for 30+ years before I got it. I used it as a work truck for quite a few years but then decided it was time to retire the truck and let it have a life of leisure. It has a '79 Firebird front clip and rear end, a 350ci crate motor along with a 350 trans. Some minor body mods also have been done. Right now I am trying to track down a short in the brights that pop the fuse every time I turn them on.
The interior has a Camaro tilt column with a 1967 Chevy Caprice whell attached, bucket seats from a Mazda 626 provide a comfortable ride. A Classic Industries AM/FM radio in the dash and a 6 cd changer in the glove box provide the sounds.
The gas tank has been eliminated and a Jeep unit is mounted between the frame rails.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Welcome, your ride sounds awesome. Why not post some pictures so we can see it.

:welcome:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts