Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much should I plan on spending for a very nice pait job on a 1990 jeep grand wagonner with only a small amount of body work needed ? If I change from original color would I be making a mistake?
Thanks

·
Paintshop Dog
404 Posts
I'd want about 60 hours to do a "nice" complete on a Wagoneer. At my shops $38 (on late models) an hour. Plus about 10 or 15 hours for jambs on a color change (not including the fire-wall). Then you are looking at about $750 in materials. So, 75 x 38 = $2850 + 750 = $3600. That's just for paint. You still need to pay the body-man a few hours per panel to take all the trim off, and to do any necessary body work. Hope that helps.

·
KING OF BONDO
809 Posts
colormecrazy said:
I'd want about 60 hours to do a "nice" complete on a Wagoneer. At my shops $38 (on late models) an hour. Plus about 10 or 15 hours for jambs on a color change (not including the fire-wall). Then you are looking at about $750 in materials. So, 75 x 38 = $2850 + 750 = $3600. That's just for paint. You still need to pay the body-man a few hours per panel to take all the trim off, and to do any necessary body work. Hope that helps.
Wow your labor rate is dirt cheap.. and only 750 bucks in a complete color change.. double wow

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for painting info

Thanks for your insight and expertise. I've invested so much with new engine and transmission, I need to go ahead and finish it off with a nice exterior.
This info will give me some direction. Any ideas on a customized look for a WOODY ? I really think the Grand Wagoneer will be a classic and I would like to make it look SHARP !

Again, Thanks for you help.

jdc21320

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what do you think ?

What do you consider a fair price for a job like this ? I've only started considering the exterior. So far I've had to spend $ on machanical and was just trying to get a ball park price on painting. Your input would be appreciated. I live in E.C. so If you could steer me to someone in your area I could easly drive up. I still would like some advice or opinions on a good color .
Thanks again.
jdc21320

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.