Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Grillin Randy
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PAUL HARVEY...........NO FLU VACCINE

The major pharmaceutical companies in the US provided almost 90% of the nations flu vaccine at one time. They did this despite a very low profit margin for the product. Basically, they were doing us a favor. In the late 80's a man from North Carolina who had received the vaccine got the flu. The strain he caught was one of the strains in that years vaccine made by a US company. What did he do? He sued and he won. He was awarded almost $5 million! After that case was appealed and lost, most
US pharmaceutical companies stopped making the vaccine. The liability out weighed the profit margin. Since UK and Canadian laws prohibit such frivolous law suits UK and Canadian companies began selling the vaccine in the US. By the way...the lawyer that represented the man in the flu shot law suit was a young ambulance chaser by the name of John Edwards.
......and now you know the rest of the story.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
So, the Breck girl did it. Don't vote for him and his buddy.

I don't even know why people bother getting flu shots. The virus gets more and more potent with each new vaccine created to stop it.

Should we produce things that force the virus to mutate into something more powerful? I don't think we should.

Larry

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
CrashFarmer2 said:
PAUL HARVEY...........NO FLU VACCINE

The major pharmaceutical companies in the US provided almost 90% of the nations flu vaccine at one time. They did this despite a very low profit margin for the product. Basically, they were doing us a favor. In the late 80's a man from North Carolina who had received the vaccine got the flu. The strain he caught was one of the strains in that years vaccine made by a US company. What did he do? He sued and he won. He was awarded almost $5 million! After that case was appealed and lost, most
US pharmaceutical companies stopped making the vaccine. The liability out weighed the profit margin. Since UK and Canadian laws prohibit such frivolous law suits UK and Canadian companies began selling the vaccine in the US. By the way...the lawyer that represented the man in the flu shot law suit was a young ambulance chaser by the name of John Edwards.
......and now you know the rest of the story.
Ha ha, that's a fist.

K

·
Move It On Over!
227 Posts
The last time I had the flu was more than 10 years ago, when I was Active Duty - we were required to get the vaccine every year and I ended up getting the flu anyway. I theorized it was the government experimenting on us G.I.'s... Ever since then, I haven't had the vaccine or the flu.

·
Administrator
18,631 Posts
I have had the flu shot for the last 5 years, (they give it at work) and it has worked fine, until this year. Got it 2 weeks ago, and have felt like crap ever since. Just coincedence, I guess...................sure I can't sue anymore?: Too bad, I could use 5 mil.

·
stuff'n things'n whatnot
356 Posts
People are pathetic. They get a cold, sue them for 5 mil, then they are the ones who complain about not being able to get a flu shot, or problems with the underfunded health care system! people are just too greedy.

As for the flu shot, I've never had one and never plan to. usually get the flu every year or two, but you suffer for a week till its done and you dont contribute to making the flu virus more powerful and dangerous.

I'ts one of those things like blowing your nose, you arent going to take anything to stop it, you just blow your nose and go on with your life.

·
Premium Member
6,623 Posts
I used to get the Flu shot (free at work) but after I researched how they decide what viruses they put into the mix I haven't had one since. One of the inalienable truths of medicine is that trying to predict which mutating organisms will be most prevalent during a heating season using statistical and hierarchical analysis is no better than rolling dice. In general its a big crapshoot and make work project for PHD's using your tax dollars. I think it's comparable to radioactive and chemical cancer treatments, killing you to live is not living in my opinion.

I'll take my chances thanks, your better off washing your hands before touching any mucous membrane on your body, it's a trillion times more effective.;)

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
I am suffering with the funk right now.Worked Sunday night barely,slept for two days straight except for time at work.Left early last night though.Never have taken the flu shot.Something irks me about getting a dose of what you are trying to prevent.What doesn't kill you,makes you stronger.

·
or Jeff, or Doc, or...
989 Posts
Ghetto-
How does this "back" the American Companies you say we need to support? NO jobs here, because we buy everything from out of the Country. We should be encouraging Domestic production, instead of looking outside our borders.
This is one of Kerry's flip flops- Shame on you! :nono: LOL

Heres a What if

What if a hidden antigen or some macromolecule was added to the virii before formulation? Something that would speed up mutation? Put in place , by terrorists? Seems easier to do, when its produced abroad. :drunk:

·
stuff'n things'n whatnot
356 Posts
Beenaway2long said:

Heres a What if

What if a hidden antigen or some macromolecule was added to the virii before formulation? Something that would speed up mutation? Put in place , by terrorists? Seems easier to do, when its produced abroad. :drunk:
Damn how did you figure it out?
You caught us :( canada has been planning world domination by injecting the american people vith viruses to weaken their defences.

But you just run along and get your flu shots like good americans now :p AAHAHAHAHAHA BWAHAHAHAHAHA HA HA HAHA <-- evil laughter

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
I haven't had the flue since 1998...I got the swine flue shot and got sick as a dog back in the Early 70's....never again!! So thats not bad...twice in like 30 yrs. My Union gives them out every year but this one...no vaccine.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
Beenaway2long said:
Ghetto-
How does this "back" the American Companies you say we need to support? NO jobs here, because we buy everything from out of the Country. We should be encouraging Domestic production, instead of looking outside our borders.
This is one of Kerry's flip flops- Shame on you! :nono: LOL
Blah Blah Blah

If there is one American business I don't mind fully supporting it's the drug companies, they rape us on costs daily while making a fortune, so bring in a little competition.

Jeff don't forget this is about the flu vaccine, a vaccine that there is a shortage of, meaning we can't produce enough of it. Are you saying we should we not purchase the vaccine from Canada even though we can't get it to many of those who need it?

·
Registered
113 Posts
The laughable thing about this whloe thing is that the flu shots given last year were for THE WRONG STRAIN of flu virus!!!!! So, a 50% reduction of this years flu shots, is a HUGE improvement over last years basically worthless vaccine!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.