Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'80 Datsun 720 4x4. Weird one. I have (suddenly) no turn signals, no brake lights, no running lights, no corner lights. Headlights work fine. fuses all check out good and I've verified power at the fuses. Verified power at the flasher units. Verified no power at the lamps themselves. What do these all have in common that could cause this problem. (Note, haven't played with the 4way flasher switch... yet...)

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
'80 Datsun 720 4x4. Weird one. I have (suddenly) no turn signals, no brake lights, no running lights, no corner lights. Headlights work fine. fuses all check out good and I've verified power at the fuses. Verified power at the flasher units. Verified no power at the lamps themselves. What do these all have in common that could cause this problem. (Note, haven't played with the 4way flasher switch... yet...)
A ground. That's the one thing they all have in common. And depending on where you are checking, you may be checking them to a poor ground source. Hook a solid lead to the negative battery terminal, and take it back to the lights you're checking, and use it to measure to for power. If you get a good reading to this good ground, then you've lost your ground somewhere, and need to fix it, or establish a new ground.

·
the 'Duracell Project'
2,326 Posts
(Note, haven't played with the 4way flasher switch... yet...)
not sure how datsun has their4 way switch
turn the 4way on and off a few times
sometime the switch gets bumped by a knee and gets stuck halfway
halfway in between nutin working :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts