Hot Rod Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently burned the clutches out of my,"thought to be good for H/P TH350" so I replaced my TH350 with a TH400 short shaft,tranny was suppose to have been "recently rebuilt," all the fluids were drained prior to my purchasing it, I installed the new 400 changed the yolk,used my 350 3500 stall torque conv. and installed my Jegster cross member, filled it with fluid almost 8 quarts due to the deep TCI pan, ran it softly in garage to build the pressure in the pumps and get fluid to the cooler, shut it down checked fluid slightly high but not too high on the mark, so I drove it around 2-3 miles, go home and parked it on my driveway that is on a slight incline and the tranny is not locking into PARK, it pulses back, I checked and double checked the linkage all the way to the BnM shifter, what should I do before I pull the tranny out again,could I have reversed the lines {if that matters} or a vacuum problem??? this forum got me where I am now, hopefully it will get me to where I need to be. Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PARK not Reverse SORRY,

I am such a MORON, the Reverse went out on the TH350, the TH400 Park pulses bachward on the incline of my driveway. will not lock into REVERSE sounds like it is jumping a tooth or something clicks as it pulses back, so I have to set E Brake to keep it still.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.