Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 90 suburban 350 and just put new spark plug wires and plugs in. I started it it was fine. I only ran it about two minutes. I went out of town for two weeks came back now there is no fuel getting to the injectors or spark? I have so far checked the fuel pressure, pump, changed fuel pump relay. Swapped chips then computer. Volt meter tells me injectors are getting power. Any ideas?

·
Licenced Automotive Technician
1,625 Posts
If you are sure there is no spark, you can try the ignition modual. It controls both spark, and fuel to some extent. I would guess that you are getting fuel to the throttle body, but no injector pulse. Also, I have seen the pickups on these fall apart, and if they are screwed, the injectors won't fire, and you will have no spark. Also, the reluctor on the top of the dizzy shaft can lose magnitism and kill the whole shebang, causes lots interesting problems. Hope this helps!:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no spark of fuel

Fuel pressure was 10lbs. About 6 months ago I replaced the distributor, but is was a Profile from Jegs not GM. Is the ignition module the two prongs on the distributor or something else?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.