Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
Have a question about a 1977 K10 Chevy with a inline 250 6 cylinder. I can't get any spark from the disturbuter I have 12volts going to the coil 12volt going in to the dist. at the module. I replaced everything coil, module, pick up coil, cap, rotor, condenser/capicator. This system has a remote coil, all grounds are good at least i think they are. I'm getting no spark can you help me. I hooked up another hei dist. from a V8 chevy with coil in cap ground off the valve cover and spin the shaft I get spark
HELP ME PLEASE

·
Registered
91 Posts
if it has a balist resitor in the ignition system bridge across it and see what happens ?
i take it this systems has points in the distributor is the gap ok reduce the gap and see if you get a spark

·
Administrator
18,433 Posts
Is the gap for the pickup coil set right? It wasn't set right on my Dodge van and it had no spark. Set it and....voila......spark.

·
Administrator
18,433 Posts
The Dodge one had a slot where it was tightened down.....you set the gap with a feeler guage. Don't remember the setting.

Not sure how the Chevy one is, but probably similar. Someone here probably knows the setting..................

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont think there is a way to adjust it, it set on the shaft and a c-clip holds it down no adjusting like that

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No Spark!!!

The little washer under the disturbuter shaft what purpose does it do and would it have anything to do with not firing?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts