A Learning Hobbist
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The new Nomad

Attachments

·
Instagram: partsretriever
1,622 Posts
Base it off the SSR and put normal ( use round, not fried-egg or china-eye (think china eye=pt cruiser, ford taurus, any asian car)) headlights in it

·
A Learning Hobbist
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the thing looks like its smiling but has really bad teeth

·
Instagram: partsretriever
1,622 Posts
jrm123180 said:
I think the thing looks like its smiling but has really bad teeth
those 'teeth' are inspired by the early Corvettes; the Nomad (concept back in the day) had a Corvette front end on it. That thing looked awesome.:)

Ever see a late '40s Buick? One of those grille teeth prolly weigh as much as a honda.:)

·
Registered
182 Posts
If there is one thing that car is NOT saying it's Nomad! I think the design guys missed the point....:(

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
Ever see the Waldorf Corvette? I'll post a pic if I can find it. In 1979 Dick Dean cloned the Waldorf vette and here is a pic of that.

Here is the back of the Waldorf Vette

The Corvette Nomad was a 1954 proto-type that debuted at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York City for General Motors Motorama. It has been called the WALDORF ever since. It was such a huge success that some of the unique features were applied to a Chevrolet Belair two-door station wagon and it was put into production as a Nomad in 1955.

·
Member# 3287
2,625 Posts
Maybe I'm way off, but I like it. The problem is that GM will price it out of sight.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Your right that the mfgs just don't get it. Look at the retro T-Bird or GTO. If they Would just tool up and original 1957 Chevy 2 door hardtop and a convertible, modify a Corvette chassis to fit the body, they probably couldn't build them fast enough. Most of us couldn't afford one but the people with all the money would wait in line for one just like they do now with the Harleys and cookie cutter choppers.:thumbup:

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
Retro is selling...just look around...Dodge is cashing in on it and Chevy is trying to push an odd looking PU truck as retro too???

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Registered
48 Posts
It looks like Big Foot took a crap on top of four wheels and put two doors on the sides.

ya its a real peice,

Stroke

1 - 17 of 17 Posts