Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Get out the ducktape...
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As maybe some of the members that frequent the lounge may have noticed, I haven't been on here lately. Most of you could probably care less and that's fine. I just can't stand to read all the bickering and whining from everybody:
old folks vs. young folks
religious vs. nonreligious
political vs. different political
correct spellers vs. nonspellers
now it doesn't matter to me who likes this, nobody may. Im sure everybody will turn this into another argument and I almost didnt post because of it, I dont care if anybody replies. That wasn't my intention. When I first started hear the place was cool. The atmosphere was light and the people could take a joke. I don't know if the sway incident sparked it or what but this place has gone down hill. I highly approve of Jon's trying to clean this place up, but everybody wanted to lynch him for it. I think (my nonimportant .02) that he ought to crack down on all this nonsense going on in here. I very rarely read lounge posts anymore because you have to weed through all the BS posts of people arguing before you can get any content out. It's like weimer said, we came here to talk HOT RODS, not everything but.
Everybody is on the defensive around here and ready to snap at anybody else. Quite a few good members because of all this. I will continuse to post in the tech forums occasionally to add my however limited knowledge but the loung needs some change in a different direction before I come back. Jon keep up the good work elsewhere, this is still a good place to learn.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Yeah tempers went up and pressure built up. I personally dont think its too bad, read what you want, ignore what you want. Reply to what you like and ignore the rest. I used to read every single thread but now I read 4-6 on the first page of the lounge if even. The rest just doesnt really attract me. The lounge should be shut down temporarly untill everybody calmed down, probably for about a month.

Mike

·
Be American, Buy American!
222 Posts
The Lounge is in good shape!

This board has many facets, one being the lounge. In each of the forums a specific topic is discussed. The Lounge is a place where you may come to discuss anything you have on your mind, and to mingle with other automotive minded friends. The Lounge is just that "A Lounge" where you lean back and let your hair down and have fun.

Al

1 - 3 of 3 Posts