Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:welcome:

Can't see a better place to put this as its not really technical, Im just wondering if someone can offer some advice and insite into the world of nostalgia drag racing. I bout the makings of a 60's front engine dragster and am taking the off season to rebuilding all the components to make it as safe and fun as possible next April. So any input would be great or if your experienced in this field and wouldnt mind letting me pick your brain please email me at [email protected]

Thanks
Chris

Attachments

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
Here is the Famoso web site: http://www.famosoraceway.com/

2 big meets coming up in October, both nostalgia meets, both are good meets, Oct 23 weekend, and the following weekend. Where in Ca. are you located? There's a few of us that go to Famoso every year.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dinger said:
Here is the Famoso web site: http://www.famosoraceway.com/

2 big meets coming up in October, both nostalgia meets, both are good meets, Oct 23 weekend, and the following weekend. Where in Ca. are you located? There's a few of us that go to Famoso every year.

Im located about five hours north of Sacremento in a little town called yreka.

·
My pipes are my music
2,936 Posts
You can build it how you want but it needs to pass inspection to get on the track. Send your first post to "techinspector1" by PM and he will fill you in on the safety issues. He won't accept E-mail, so you need to find a post by him on this site. It's not hard to find him, he has his mug shot on his profile. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sqzbox said:
You can build it how you want but it needs to pass inspection to get on the track. Send your first post to "techinspector1" by PM and he will fill you in on the safety issues. He won't accept E-mail, so you need to find a post by him on this site. It's not hard to find him, he has his mug shot on his profile. :D

oh right on cause most of my questions pertain to passing tech...

thanks

·
when will it rain???
1,295 Posts
firebird or speedworld? ive been to both tracks. i was @ firebird opening day when they opened the dragstrip back in 1983. i even won a foot race @ speedworld when i was a kid back in 1979 when it was called Mellarsons (probably not spelled right) but its how its sounds. lol
i wonder how far back he goes?
yea, i know it says i live in NC, but im a tucson az native.

·
Not Considered a Senior Member
10,722 Posts
It sure looks cool, the classic sling shot rails will always be classics.
When a guy I knew showed up at the dragstrip with one, I thought "that would be cool to drive" until I looked in the cockpit, When I seen that the pumpkin was right inbetween his legs my thoughts right away went to "Ain`t no way in hell I`d drive that thing! if the diff explodes you`ll be referring to your mid section in the past tense!"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.