Hot Rod Forum banner

not enough torque

840 Views 0 Replies 1 Participant Last post by  Neophyte
This is more a lesson for everybody to read spec sheets properly.

I'm busy re-assembling my 350 SBC and this morning when torqueing the new head bolts I suddenly realized that I didn't read my frikkin spec sheet properly. All torque specs are in lb/ft but my wrench is in N/m! The heads were done right because I saw it as I finished the first "phase". The issue is that I torqued the mains and big-ends and the flexplate with the same N/m value as the lb/ft meaning that 70 lb/ft was only done to about 52 lb/ft due to doing it to 70 N/m! Now I have to remove the motor from the transmission and remove the sump so I can re-torque the relevant bolts! I'm sure this shouldn't be a problem for most of you but for those in areas where N/m is used instead of lb/ft.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.