Hot Rod Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my 700r4 went out. so i bought a transmission for my friend to have rebuilt. he says it is a th350 out of his camaro. but judgeing from the oil pan it looks like it is a th400. but it has the th350 yoke on the back. took it to another friend of mind and he says it is a th375 i believe. this transmission has be puzzled :smash:

what kind of trans is this. and can it be built to be strong. and can a th350 converter work on this trans. im so lost right now. thanks for reading guys

Attachments

·
Administrator
10,190 Posts
Read this Thread on how to post photos here.

I edited the thread title so folks know you are trying to ID a transmission

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks i was waiting patiently for someone to chime in. i ordered a rebuild kit for a th400 so i think i will be good. also have a tci streetfight converter 241000 for a th350 not sure if it will fit. still have converter in box and dont want to open it if its wrong. ive never heard of a th375 what kind of cars did they come in, and what was gm purpose of them. are they as strong as a th400 or have any weak points in them? again thanks for replying

·
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty
13,765 Posts
thanks i was waiting patiently for someone to chime in. i ordered a rebuild kit for a th400 so i think i will be good. also have a tci streetfight converter 241000 for a th350 not sure if it will fit. still have converter in box and dont want to open it if its wrong. ive never heard of a th375 what kind of cars did they come in, and what was gm purpose of them. are they as strong as a th400 or have any weak points in them? again thanks for replying
They are just alighter duty trans then the 400, the 375 came out in full size cars from 1972-1976 and do have the same driveshaft yoke as the 350, i would call the converter place you got it from and make sure you have the correct one . JMO
Flip the trans over and see what it say's on the underside of the tailshaft see if it has 375 on it.

Cole
:pimp:

·
Registered
508 Posts
the made 3 diffrent 375 over the yrs but yours is a th 400 with a 350 yoke 350/400 use the same converter so your ok there in 87 they added another checkball in the valve body so shif kits are diffrent because the seperator plates diffrent

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
okay that does make sense because i remeber my friend was telling me some stuff that he replaced with th350 parts, thats why he thought it was a th350. but my friend is a little on the slow side i think ha. because i remember our other friend rebuilt this transmission for him about 5 years ago and he still was wrong on what he thought it was. also can you get away with not useing the electric kickdown. i have a b&m quick silver shifter in my garage brand new in the box thats just been sitting there for years and i rather just use that for a kickdown if possable

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.