Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I have a 1969 Nova with a turbo 350 and a 305 sitting in it. (car originally has a straight six and powerglide) We put this engine and tranny in it many years ago. Unfortunately I don't think we ever had the correct dipstick tube for the tranny. To make a long story short, the tube we have doesn't have the right curve in it and it isn't seated firmly in the transmission... and it leaks fluid.

So... my question is, how can I find the proper tube for my car/tranny combination? Should I just go get a standard tube for the turbo 350, or do I need to find one that will specifically meet the curve of the firewall?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
447 Posts
T350 dipstick tube leak.

Well if you never, ever want to have another leak, Buy a Lokar flexible dipstick tube kit. They are about $65.00. But they work and they fit any chassis!. Other choice is go to a salvage yard and get a used one. I would not use a chrome plated tube. They seem to leak all the time!

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
See if you can find a wrecked Nova with the same body style (up to '72, maybe '74) with a T-350 and grab what you need. Might also check with a dealer just in case they might still be available. Or try one of the restoration suppliers.

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
Unless I'm mistaken- and I may be- the 1st. gen F-body shared the cowl w/the 3rd. gen X-body. If this is the case, you could possibly use one from the Camaro if the firewalls are similar.

Or, YEAR ONE shows two different lengths for the Nova/TH350, priced at around $17/ea. and includes the tube and dipstick. Only thing, they're chromed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.