Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IM having more problems since i put the c-4 in im not useing a nuetral safty switch but how can i make the reverse lights light and it think that its in nutreal a buddy said just use switches but i dont know which wires to hook together and what

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
:(

It is very slack and IMHO kinda stupid NOT to run a neutral start switch. It can be very dangerous.

I am not a late model Ford type of guy but most used to use a ball type neutral switch.

With a little work ...I am sure one could be adapted.

3,214 Posts
A C-4 neutral safety switch attaches to the trans case at the shifter linkage. It shound not be a problem to hook up, and should not be ignored. It will operate the BU lights as well as neutral safety.

Don't you have safety inspections there? Here, if it starts in anything but park and neutral, it won't pass. It is a safety item, for the same reason that they require the safety switch on the clutch pedals now.

·
Administrator
10,122 Posts
85stangboy said:
We have inspection here but if you take it to the right person they baically just slap a sticker on except emmission im having problems with that
Arizona had vehicle safety inspections in the 1960's. It became so full of fraud the inspections laws were removed.

We enjoy some of the tightest emission testing here though

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well its a Floor shift but all the way back it does click it just like has a spring loaded thing like the kickdown would what would happen if its first instead of park what would happen

3,214 Posts
On a C-4, if the trans linkage points upward, Park is to the rear. If it points downward, park is to the front. The neutral safety switch has a small hole in it. To properly adjust it, loosten both mounting bolts, stick a small item, like a nail in that hole while twisting the switch to align it with the inside hole, then tighten the mounting bolts. I believe this is done in neutral, but it may be park( it's been a few years since i've done it).

If the traqns will not stay in park by itself, there is a problem inside with the linkage.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well i got a bunch of problems now i was putting the starter back in and noticed the plate wasnt compltely aligned and now the starter wont engage with the flywheel do i need this or can i just cut the corner where the stater is out bc i would have to unbolt all the bolts whihc will now be a more pain in the *** so let me know thanks alot:confused:

·
Are we having fun yet?
213 Posts
Hi Aaron. I had to read his question a couple of times to understand what he was talking about It sounds like he has it turned one bolt hole either way of center. Do as Aaron says. DON'T CUT ANYTHING. Slow down and think about what you are doing and do it right the first time.

Norm.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.