Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up an old Nutek Firepower ignition box at a swap meat today. Unfortunately, it came with no information on how to hook it up. Ive seen similar posts about these old boxes, but not this model. Its not an "R model," as far as I can tell. Has no model number, just says Electronic computer interface. Its red, and has nine wires to hook up. A schematic would be great, an instruction sheet would be even better. Im hoping there's a hot rodder somewhere that can help. Thanks

·
http://www.warsprints.com
2,024 Posts
I picked up an old Nutek Firepower ignition box at a swap meat today. Unfortunately, it came with no information on how to hook it up. Ive seen similar posts about these old boxes, but not this model. Its not an "R model," as far as I can tell. Has no model number, just says Electronic computer interface. Its red, and has nine wires to hook up. A schematic would be great, an instruction sheet would be even better. Im hoping there's a hot rodder somewhere that can help. Thanks
List the wire colors and we can help....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess that would help a bit. It has a five wire weatherpack connector with a single brown wire, a yellow and green twisted pair, then black and white twisted pair. There is also a three wire plug with a blue, white, and black. Then a single blue wire. All i could find from countless hours searching, is the green/yellow pair is probably coil, and the single blue is start retard.

Also, on the other side is a blade terminal marked tach output, and a double blade terminal with no marking.

It was my original intention to try to integrate this box as a replacement for the Ford Duraspark box on a 351 cleveland. Its not looking good so far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have Firepower information sheets, and installation instructions with wiring diagrams. If you are still needing the information, please let me know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts