Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 Chevy with a 350 and nv4500 tranny. I'm tired of shifting and don't need a granny gear. so i wont to put a 700 in its place. i know i have to get the arm for the TB to hook up the TV cable. as well as a different rad. My biggest concerns are the electronics. Can i just hook the the speedo wires to the 700s speedo pick up, to take care of the speedo and cures control?

Skeeter

·
Administrator
10,122 Posts
you will need a reluctor wheel on the output shaft with 40 teeth on it.. this is the dirt common relutctor wheel.

Also need the correct sensor for 4l60 trans , it should plug in to the harness... OR you may need to buy a repair connector end from GM and splice the wire harness together. I would solder the connections if splice is need.

very simple process here

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have an extra 700 that came from a 90 Astor van. the hook up for the speedo looks just like the one on my 4500. so if it will plug it then all my electronic stuff should work then? like the speedo, the cruse and the anti lock brakes?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.