Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1969 Mustang Coupe Project Car
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm continuing to work on my Sniper EFI install, I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for protecting the 02 sensor wires. The seem to be pretty close to the exhaust manifolds on their way down to the recommended location. I seem to remember someone made a heat sleeve that slipped on, but I can't remember the brand or seem to find anything like it locally. Any other recommendations?
Thanks
Mark

·
1969 Mustang Coupe Project Car
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info, I'm bookmarking McMasters for sure. I've also seen the DEI sleeve material I'm also looking at the amazon listing they had some interesting stuff too..
Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Vacuum hose.

Cut it down the side, slide the wire inside, then zip tie it closed.
Peek at it from time to time to see if it has contacted the exhaust.

If it has then you can slide some wood stove gasket on the side hitting and zip tie it to the hose.

All for under $20 (in most cases) at your local store(s).

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
When I installed the O2 sensor for my AFR gauge I made sure it was oriented as upright as possible (prevents water in the exhaust from condensing on the sensor tip), and followed the Innovate directions for a small sheet-metal heat sink around the sensor body. Mine is a heated sensor, so it does not have to be really close to the engine.

bruce

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.