Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the show as just a show, but they're workmanship, fabrication skills, and the crap they do drives me out of my mind. Just watched one of their shows, comanchee bike, and they cut 2 notches out of they're frames to clear parts. Maybe it's jus the machinist in me, but do they not realize the stress they create when the grind all that metal away? I really question if they should be making motor vehicles, the chance of catastophic failure of some of the work they do has got to be real high. I have never, in any of the shows (I know what is televised is just a small part of the actual work) seen them use a micrometer, vernier, or even just a set of calipers. They use a tape measure, mark what I would consider to be critical holes (especially on a bike) with a sharpie, and drill the hole with a cordless drill. Guess they don't know how to use that milling machine they have, maybe I should take it off their hands.
Oh well, that's just me, kind of curios to see what others think about these guys
Shaun

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the yelling kind of reminds me of working on our rods, my stepfather's always yelling, not at me, just real loud once we get to work, mainly to get my attention, have learned a lot though

·
Banned
431 Posts
i don't mind the arguing so much as i do the final product.

they did come out with a couple of "ok" bikes, but there are so many other shops that do much better work (ie: actually make their own stuff) that i can't figure out why they got the TV deal. :confused:

·
Registered
77 Posts
discovrey shoulda went with jesse james on building chopper. now that cat can show you how to build a bike :thumbup: .

he builds most every thing on there, while OCC just bolts on.

i do like occ a little bit. their old-school chopper was cool, eccspecialy to see cody working on it. :pimp:

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
If it weren't for Mikeys' comic relief, I wouldn't watch the show. I'd like to have a few beers with him. :D Dan

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
40ford truck
I have to agree with you 110%, Jesse james is a true builder, and I could only wish that some day I have 1/2 the talent he has.

Mikey I think makes the show, the bikes just scare the heck out of me
Shaun

·
Administrator
18,631 Posts
it's called ...."Showbiz".................reality show or not....it's all CRAP.

Next thing, these "Morons" will be getting movie deals.......typical.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mikey reminds me a bit of Michael Moore.

The show was alright in the first season, but pretty much went downhill after that. I agree that Jesse James can build a way better bike than any of the OCC guys ever thought about building.

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
If you can stand to watch the dad treat everyone like a dick it's not a bad show.

I look around an see all these guys wearing OCC shirts though, and for the life of me I can't figure out why.

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Anytime someone goes from driving a pickup truck,to driving a Hummer or new C5,someone will get mad. I am not a big fan of the show,but I do enjoy being able to come home, turn on Discovery and finding something on instead of a show about having a baby, or painting a bedroom in new pastel colors.About the only show I do not like as far as cars go is either Pimp My Ride, or The Shadtree Mechanic.Shadetree is the only show where the mechanics can pull an old tranny from a Jeep Comanchee and still lay down on white sheets!During the "commercial breaks" a real mechanic comes out and does the dirty work.

·
A Learning Hobbist
232 Posts
is The Shadtree Mechanic still on? I haven't seen or haven't been able to find that show in ages. OCC can be good for laughs, Mikey can crack me up. One of the best was when he got the pickup stuck in the mud at the cabin.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.