Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's my build
306 mexican shortblock with forged rods and pistons (9to1), moly rings, steel main girdle all ARP hardware, fluidampner, double roller t-chain with TFS stage 2 cam, moroso 1 piece pushrods, TFS 1.7 roller rockers, TFS R heads box stock, TFS R intake box stock, TFS phenolic spacer, TFS 75mm t-body elbow, bbk 75mm t-body, zex nos 75mm plate dual shark nozzles, bullet 75mm blowthrough mass air with 42ib injectors, 255 in tank with a 255 frame mounted fuel pumps aeromotive regulator, procharger D1 with 3.5 inch pulley and 3 core intercooler, k&n big conical, hooker super comp TFS R headers, 3 inch exhaust with cats, x-pipe and dynomax bullet mufflers. msd 6btm box, msd super conducter wires and coil, 3.55 gears auburn posi, subframe connectors, saleen springs, steeda caster/camber plates, koni shocks

Guys says he runs it on race gas 50/50. Said it would run fine on pump gas (92) as long as I dont rev it too high (up to 5K) I dont want to detonate it but I would like cheaper alternative to gas.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
9:1 puts you at the high end for compression on a blown application. I would not run that motor on pump gas. I think if he said it will run fine on pump gas if you don't build boost, that I'd accept.

What you don't want to experience is blowing up a blower motor due to detonation. It's very expensive.

We have built 600 wheel HP superchaged Ford motors but they were EFI. We could tune them via the EFI to run on pump 93 with base compression at 8:1 and limiting the boost.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
That is pretty healthy boost, with the correct fuel and tune that motor will make a LOT of power. I would be VERY careful and leery of running pump gas in that motor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts