Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My main point in that closed thread was about senseless animal experimentation. Maybe the "off topic" forums should be closed all together or there should be a list of things that cannot be discussed by adults. :rolleyes:

If people don't like the thread, they shouldn't post in it.

·
Administrator
18,396 Posts
The reason that thread was closed is.......You made your point, which you are entitled to do. Most people agreed with you to a point. It was getting out of hand , not so much on the subject matter, but on the way it was being presented.

If you were as passionate as you say about the subject, you would be elsewhere with your crusade, not on a hot rodding site.

Seems to me, that you would rather just make some noise, no matter what the subject. That's my opinion....which I am entitled to...............

This is likely to degenerate into a bashing Tab party, at which I will close this thread too...............

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
Yep, I noticed you got a pretty decent ribbing in that thread. You're always going to hear it on this site about any controversial topic. We do have some guys on here who are relatively liberal (like myself) but probably a lot more guys who make Ronald Regan look like Al Sharpton. Best bet is to just talk about cars which is what the site is designed for!

You start challenging topics in the lounge or even in the tech forums and you'll start realizing that some folks want to be the comedian, some folks want to the "prophetic old hotrodder" and you'll get clash of the egos real quick. Just play it cool and enjoy the knowledge on the site, we have some great stuff to offer-

K

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, this is one of the best sites on the net. I post mainly in the body/paint forums. I do however feel that people need to be exposed to uncomfortable images and issues who would otherwise never encounter them.

But the real bummer is that, regardless of the topic, people rarely respond to the particulars of a controversial post, they just read what they want to hear then go off on a tangent. That's why I posted some of those images. They cannot be misunderstood.

·
Administrator
18,396 Posts
tab said:
But the real bummer is that, regardless of the topic, people rarely respond to the particulars of a controversial post, they just read what they want to hear then go off on a tangent.
And, that is their right.............it's called free speach.............

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
tab said:
No, it's called, "Logical arguments be damned, I've got my mind made up".
That's probably true man, even if you did change somebody's mind about something they usually have way too much pride to admit they're wrong on the internet in front of hundreds of readers. You'll find most folks are relatively dogmatic. Life goes on, and diplomacy goes a long way around here, I think.

K

1 - 7 of 7 Posts