Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
37 chevy seat bases

Hi, I am presently building a 37 Chevy 4 door rod. Stock body, Chassis Engineering full suspention with mustang 2 front end. 350 crate motor and 700r4 trans. Need some advise on the best way to fabricate the seat riser for bucket seats as the floor is lower on the outside than on the center of the car. Any ideas from past experience. Also looking for wind ****************************** Thanks

Moved this post into 37-38 Chevy thread....poncho62 (moderator)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the reply

Thanks for the reply and movingthe question to a better forum. As for how much the floor drops off i havn't checked it yet. I will need to fabricat some type of stand for the outside mount. I don't think it should be bore thtn about 2 inches. I han't found a supplier that has anything for this problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I will have to check what the drop is. I have pictures of the car befor I started and the progress up till now. Will post it as I get time. Right now I am thrshing to get it ready to send it out for paint. I am working on adding an extion to the lower part of the dash for the AC grills and controls. Fill existing holes and cutting in the radio and such. Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
I did check the floor drop for the seats and you were right the floor only drops about 1/2". I will be able to make some type of spacer. Thansk for the come back

·
Registered
12 Posts
37 Chevy

Hi Brandon, Lookint at your 37 you have my twin. I also have a 37 4 door. I put a Mustang II front end, new leaf spring rear with a Granada rear end and 3:55 gears a 350 crate engine and 700R4 trans. All my underpinnings were from Chassis Engineering. I am to get it back from the paint shop this week and then the fun starts. I noticed you were asking about a bolt in wiper motor. I assumn you are going to 12 volts. I got the diredt bolt in from Newport Engineering www.newportwipers. This is a direct replacement for the original wiper motor and will use your original assembly. Bolt in the motor hook up the wires and good to go. Good luck, Jack

·
Registered
12 Posts
Springs

Brandon, I believe you said that the suspention came from Chassis Engineering. They say you should install the springs with the engine in. Is that what you have. If not It looks as if you have the wrong spring. Call the people you got the springs from. You may want to wrap a chain below your jack and over the frame or control arm to keep the chassis from lifting with the jack.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Grill shell

Brandon, I had the same problem. You need to trim the area out at the upper control arm area. I measured up aprox. 5 1/2" and back aprox. 10". That should do it. Jack

·
Registered
12 Posts
grill shell

Brandon, Remove the materal from the grill shell. The area that looks like part of the inner fender. My e-mail is [email protected] if you send me your address I will attach a picture of my grill shell. It is not on the car so I can get a good picture. I would post it on the forum but don't know how. Jack

1 - 8 of 8 Posts