Hot Rod Forum banner
881 - 893 of 893 Posts

·
Collector of "someday" cars
2,467 Posts
I've been working to get the interior quieter for the 250 mile trip we are taking at the end of the month. I pulled the entire "interior" out to remove the bubble wrap and replace with 40 oz jute.

Fabbed up speaker enclosures from tag board to stop trunk noise from getting to the cabin.

·
Registered
15 Posts
hood hinge

Any idea if it's the same as a car ?? If truck only, it may be difficult. I don't know of any source for new plain steel hinges.
I don't think the truck and car share too much of the front end parts
9 rivets each side ,overall 34 inches long

Attachments

·
Dr gene
111 Posts
hood hinge 38 Chevy truck

My 38 didn't have an actual hinge. the inner sides rolled into one another. mine had been jumped on too many times to be useful to me so I made my own hood, and just to make it interesting, I sunk flames into the surface. Check my profile pics

Attachments

·
2,467 Posts
I covered the ugly black board with jute for sound and light grey naugahyde to improve the appearance in the trunk.

Now I feel compelled to cover or paint the enclosures to match.... ahhhh always making more work for myself...:drunk:

·
Grand Prix user
5,534 Posts
Go for it. Unless you think they'll get scratched up some. Then nah. That sure is a nice, neat divider panel now. Looks professional :thumbup:

·
2,467 Posts
Yep, had to paint the enclosures. I filled the trunk with the spare tire and traveling junk before I thought to get an installed pic...:rolleyes:

Noise level inside the car is much lower and the stereo is much louder...:D

881 - 893 of 893 Posts