Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably a bumb question, but I'm stumpted! I recently bought a 1984 5.7L Corvette with a massive oil leak. I soon discovered that the hoses on a after market oil cooler was the problem. The cooler was also damaged and leaking so I removed it along with an adapter. However, when I tried to spin on a stock filter, their was not enough threaded pipe on the block. My question is do I have to get a stock adapter. I'm trying to learn as I go and would appreciate any help.

·
Registered
323 Posts
the stock oil filter adapter can be found on any small block you are probably going to need one. There are two bolts holding it on (7/16 or 11mm)put it on your engine and the regular filter will go on you can get one from the dealer or another engine(boneyard?)simple task

·
Registered
148 Posts
this is the exactly problem I had when I put a set of afterburner flowtech's on my of my k5's. I either had to run a short filter, which was still tool close to the headers, or put the stock oil stem back on.

a stock oil stem isn't that much anyway. I just blew the engine, about 5 months ago, in one of my k5's because it blew a leak in an oil cooler line while I was driving it (stock lines - no mods) so I'm not going to run oil coolers anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts