Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i'm scratch-building a car and need to know how deep the oil pan on a 350 chevy is at the FRONT. My steering linkage will have to go under the pan just a few inches back. I know there's a lot of different pans out there but i'm talking about just a standard, stock chevy pan. thanks

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
Hi, i'm scratch-building a car and need to know how deep the oil pan on a 350 chevy is at the FRONT. My steering linkage will have to go under the pan just a few inches back. I know there's a lot of different pans out there but i'm talking about just a standard, stock chevy pan. thanks
On my factory Vortec 350 pan (it's similar to the one below) I'm getting about 3-3/4" from the pan rail to the first (front most) step, about 5-1/2" at the second step before the rear sump.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If the car was originally rear steer, swapping the spindles side to side to make a front steer car will not work. I don't know what you had in mind, I'm just trying to read ahead.
as i said, i'm scratchbuilding this car so i don't have an "original car". in this case i will just have to use the front spindles from a vehicle with front steer. i was planning to go with pre-1981 ford truck spindles(which are rear steer), so i'll switch to post-1981(which are front steer). but if you foresee any problems with this please let me know!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.