Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, Heres the deal. Last year I built a 355 small block chevy with larger valve heads, hyperutectic pistons, big cam, etc. It has a milodon aftermarket oil pan that requires a thick front seal. I had the engine in my truck and it leaked oil out of the front seal where the pan meets the timing cover. I had a one-piece gasket on there. Originally, the engine was from a 1989 caprice police cruiser. So, I went about getting the one-piece gasket at my local parts store, and told them the year of the car it came from and the model itself. They gave me the 1 piece gasket and i put it on and that's the one that leaked. I'm guessing that the pan that was originally on the caprice engine wasn't a thick seal pan? I must need to order a thick front seal for the engine off of summit or something. But when I look them up, the only engines that have a thick front seal are pre-89 engines. Should I just ignore that and but one anyways? Or can somebody send me a link to the one I need? Thanks for your help guys

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.