Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have a fresh small block chev with pistons,cam,heads,the fairly average street parts.Now,when i fire it,it runs about 50 lbs. of pressure.As it warms up,pressure drops like a rock the hotter it gets.The pump is a stock peice with a heavier spring but thats about it.Right now im running 30w oil which is probobl a lil thin,but not that thin.Crang journals are at stock dim. with a little polish and the block isnt cracked.I really hate to pull it again too since its in an S10..When i primed it it had all sorts of pressure,just seems to be when it warms up.Could some thing be damaged ot missing?This is a Vette Lt T1 block,fuelie heads,10.5:1 pistons,gear cam drive,but stck crank and rods,wich were in very good shape.Any thoughts would be great...thanx

·
Banned
1,971 Posts
10 seems high to me

i have been told 7-8 lbs per 1000rpm

and thats about what every chevy engine i have ever had has been

they always are super high when cold thehn drop quick when hot

normal

no worries here it seems,

drive it,.

unless the toop end is rattling away or it reads zero pressure..

also i dont trust any pumps except stock oem ones

dont need extra pressure or volume

waste of time there..

oem pumps pump plenty of oil

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes,pressure does risewith RPMs.Also it isnt making any noise.Seema to be pretty good there,although it may be hard to hear over the gear drive..lol.But no ticks or thumps or anything like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.