Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this new old stock short motor. 302 windsor with its stock oil pump.
Anyway put it in my old truck got about 10,000 km them the oil pump siezed up and snapped the dizzy drive pin.Now this engine never ran low on oil , pickup seems fine.Any way put another mellings pump on to replce failed one and havnt had a problem since.Pulled pump apart no phsical evidence of rotor problem etc.The bush/bearing seized solid.Anyone else seen this, more improtant what caused it?

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
fourby2 said:
the oil pump siezed up and snapped the dizzy drive pin. *snip* Anyone else seen this, more improtant what caused it?
Not quite the same thing, but I had a 351C twist the pump drive about two revolutions when a TINY piece of gasket material (that must have gone up inside the oil supply bore of the block when the old gasket was removed) wedged between the rotor and housing.

I was rather surprised that a piece that small would seize the pump- but it did. Had it been a different design (spur gear-type as opposed to a gerotor) it wouldn't have done that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.