Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
That Blazer has a governor that kicks on at around 97mph.:smash: This is unacceptable. I'm writing GM a letter. It must go back to the dealership.

ah, what am I saying. Perhaps I can look past this vehicles fault. After all the car is not to blame.

lol

ok I think I've found a way to solve the problem. Actually this will solve two problems, one being the governor and two being what should I get my mom for Christmas. http://www.racerwheel.com/h58-30019.html Hypertech to the rescue. I hope she likes it.

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Keep an eye on the transfer case on that Blazer.My parents have one like that and it has been to the shop several times over it.Some type of sensor.Ill find out what it is and the symptoms and shoot them to ya.It is nothing that has caused them to want to toss it,but a little heads up is always nice.They bought it new in 99,the dealer said there is a known problem with them.

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
bah, that won't help much at all. Besides, I've driven those blazers and they handle like lumberwagons. I wouldn't drive the thing over 75 let alone 95! I'd feel like I was a 5-year-old in a radio flyer getting pushed down the side of a "all truckers check your brakes" hill.

K

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks. Tell your parents to keep an eye on those oil lines running to the filter. This one's are ready for a replacement, it's getting done asap.

killerformula said:
bah, that won't help much at all. Besides, I've driven those blazers and they handle like lumberwagons. I wouldn't drive the thing over 75 let alone 95! I'd feel like I was a 5-year-old in a radio flyer getting pushed down the side of a "all truckers check your brakes" hill.

K

ahaha, yea you know your riding in an SUV for sure.

·
Instagram: partsretriever
1,622 Posts
my grand am limits at 115. my saturn limited at a decent 125. (the satty was a 1st gen twincammer coupe (SC2). Beat a HemiRam with it. Must be one of those new fake hemis :rolleyes:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts