Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've acquired a set of 8 1/2" x15" American Racing Wheels. They are straight spoke Aluminum with silver or no finish. The center cap area has no mount screw holes, so the caps would mount from behind with a bracket. They look something like Torque Thrust, but I'm beginning to wonder if they aren't a different model because of the center caps. Anyway, I'm looking for center caps for them. Originals would be best, but good-looking generic will hold me over. I can e-mail pics to clarify. Any info would help.

·
8,453 Posts
The only American TorqueThrust wheels made without their name cast prominently on the inside rim were magnesium. If your wheels are aluminum and don't have "American Racing Equipment" cast into the inner rim on the back of the wheel, they are not true Americans but a look alike, of which there were many including Appliance (the word "Japan" stamped on the inside), Crestline with their name cast on the inside, Fenton and Superior which had no names in them.

·
Rebuilt Excitment
595 Posts
The early ET also looked like americans, but they had the unilugs and the name was on the inside, I used to run them on the hot rod, but started having trouble keeping them tight and changed them out for a set of GM rallys. You can not beat the looks. :cool:

·
Rebuilt Excitment
595 Posts
I loved the looks on the old Indian, Went to Louisville in 98 with them on, but abount a year later I started have problems with them. The rears would not stay tight for anthing (15 x 7). Never had a problem with the fronts (14x 6). The wife said she did not feel safe after a while and we put the Rallys on. Do not regret it a bit, But I still have the old ET's. :cool:

[ May 02, 2003: Message edited by: EBlack36 ]</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts